3 Fall Drinks to Get You Feeling Festive This Season
Whether you want to get cozy on a chilly fall day or host this year's halloween party, these fall drinks are sure to get everyone in a festive mood.
Fall Harvest Punch
This yummy treat is best made in a slow cooker. The recipe is simple and the process will make your house smell like the fall dream you’ve been waiting for.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 8 cups of water
- 4 apples
- 1 sliced pear
- 1 sliced orange
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tbsp of mulling spices
- ¼ pomegranate seeds
- Core and slice the apples into fourths
- Thinly slice the orange and pear
- Put all the ingredients into your slow cooker
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours (long enough to make your house smell like cinnamon)
- After the cooking time remove the fruit and cinnamon sticks from the cooker.
- Pour the remaining cider through a strainer.
- Garnish your cider with fresh fruit and cinnamon sticks and serve hot :)
Pumpkin Spice Hot Cocoa.
When the temperatures start to drop, our need for yummy hot drinks goes up. Indulge your festive self and whip up some pumpkin white hot cocoa.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips
- 3 cups of Milk
- In a medium pan, combine the milk, pumpkin spice, pumpkin puree, spices, salt and vanilla
- Heat to medium and give it a good whisk until it’s simmering
- Add in the white chocolate chips and stir until melted.
- Pour into mugs and garnish with whipped cream and a little pumpkin spice!
Hot Buttered Rum
For the boozy option this fall, try hot buttered rum. This recipe is simple but will surely be a hit at any cocktail party this season.
- 2 cups of water
- ½ stick of unsalted butter
- ¼ cup of packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ tsp of nutmeg
- ¼ tsp of ground cloves
- ⅛ tsp of salt
- ⅔ cup of your favorite dark rum
- Combine water, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and stir occasionally for a few minutes
- Take off the heat and stir in rum
- Serve warm :)
Leave a comment
Also in Blog
Halloween made easy! Dress up as your favorite leading lady this year with a costume you probably already have in your closet. Read More
It’s officially fall which means temperatures dropping and hours of sun dwindling. The change of season often times make you want to stay locked in your apartment until March when the sun is back and the coats are packed away. Read More
Recently, sustainable living has been a very important topic of discussion. It is up to us to take care of our planet, because everything we do affects the world we live in. Not only sustainable living better for the environment, but it improves your overall quality of life. We have come up with our top 10 products that you need if you want truly make a difference! Read More