Kala's Recipes for Self-Care
We all want glowing skin, shiny hair, and soft lips without breaking the bank - but it’s not always so easy to know the best way to get there. At Kala, we believe in self-care as an essential part of our lives and we’ve put together a few recipes to make you feel amazing inside and out!
Exfoliating Mint Lip Scrub
2 tablespoons sugar
1 squirt honey (enough to make a paste)
1 drop peppermint essential oil
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until the mixture becomes a paste.
- Place a warm washcloth on your lips for 2 minutes to steam and soften.
- Slather lips with scrub and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Wash off with a warm washcloth for fresh, soft, and exfoliated lips!
Avocado and Oatmeal Face Mask
Half a ripe avocado
1 tablespoon oatmeal
1 teaspoon honey
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until they form a paste.
- Apply a moderate layer to the face and let sit for 20 minutes. Take the time to relax.
- Rinse off with a warm washcloth and pat face dry.
Strawberries and Honey Hair Mask
1 tablespoon olive oil
Small handful of fresh strawberries
1 tablespoon honey
- Use a blender to blend the ingredients together, forming a fine puree.
- Apply evenly throughout damp hair and leave on for 5 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water to reveal shiny hair!
2 cups freshly boiled water
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon turmeric
2 teaspoons minced ginger
- Boil water and pour two cups into a mug of your choice.
- Add fresh squeezed juice from 1 lemon and stir.
- Continue by adding the honey, minced ginger, and turmeric, stirring after each ingredient.
Leave a comment
Also in Blog
While coffee offers a sometimes much-needed energy, it's not always the best thing for our bodies. Too much can also cause high blood pressure, digestion problems, stomach irritation and mineral deficiency. We've put together a list of perfect coffee-free drinks to kick start your day and give you that morning energy boost.
A whole new generation of women artists are breaking the mold with their skills and unique work. One such woman is Mira Mariah (aka@GirlKnewYork on Instagram), a Brooklyn-based tattoo artist, femme powerhouse, and mom who is killing the game. We got the chance to chat with Mira about her work, non-profits and causes she supports, and her guilty pleasures. Read More Read More
We all have those old tee's we just can't seem to let go of and all too often they end up in landfills. But they don't have to. An alternative to throwing away any unwanted clothes, in addition to donating, is to upcycle! Follow this quick and simple t-shirt tote guide for a stylish way to combat the waste.