Kala's Recipes for Self-Care
We all want glowing skin, shiny hair, and soft lips without breaking the bank - but it’s not always so easy to know the best way to get there. At Kala, we believe in self-care as an essential part of our lives and we’ve put together a few recipes to make you feel amazing inside and out!
Exfoliating Mint Lip Scrub
2 tablespoons sugar
1 squirt honey (enough to make a paste)
1 drop peppermint essential oil
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until the mixture becomes a paste.
- Place a warm washcloth on your lips for 2 minutes to steam and soften.
- Slather lips with scrub and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Wash off with a warm washcloth for fresh, soft, and exfoliated lips!
Avocado and Oatmeal Face Mask
Half a ripe avocado
1 tablespoon oatmeal
1 teaspoon honey
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until they form a paste.
- Apply a moderate layer to the face and let sit for 20 minutes. Take the time to relax.
- Rinse off with a warm washcloth and pat face dry.
Strawberries and Honey Hair Mask
1 tablespoon olive oil
Small handful of fresh strawberries
1 tablespoon honey
- Use a blender to blend the ingredients together, forming a fine puree.
- Apply evenly throughout damp hair and leave on for 5 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water to reveal shiny hair!
2 cups freshly boiled water
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon turmeric
2 teaspoons minced ginger
- Boil water and pour two cups into a mug of your choice.
- Add fresh squeezed juice from 1 lemon and stir.
- Continue by adding the honey, minced ginger, and turmeric, stirring after each ingredient.
Leave a comment
Also in Blog
The Holidays are here and we have some exciting news. We are pleased to announce we will be hosting a pop-up shop in NYC from December 6th through the 9th! Stop by The Lounge at 208 Bowery St. from 12pm-8pm. Read More
Halloween made easy! Dress up as your favorite leading lady this year with a costume you probably already have in your closet. Read More
It’s officially fall which means temperatures dropping and hours of sun dwindling. The change of season often times make you want to stay locked in your apartment until March when the sun is back and the coats are packed away. Read More