Kala's Recipes for Self-Care
We all want glowing skin, shiny hair, and soft lips without breaking the bank - but it’s not always so easy to know the best way to get there. At Kala, we believe in self-care as an essential part of our lives and we’ve put together a few recipes to make you feel amazing inside and out!
Exfoliating Mint Lip Scrub
2 tablespoons sugar
1 squirt honey (enough to make a paste)
1 drop peppermint essential oil
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until the mixture becomes a paste.
- Place a warm washcloth on your lips for 2 minutes to steam and soften.
- Slather lips with scrub and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Wash off with a warm washcloth for fresh, soft, and exfoliated lips!
Avocado and Oatmeal Face Mask
Half a ripe avocado
1 tablespoon oatmeal
1 teaspoon honey
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until they form a paste.
- Apply a moderate layer to the face and let sit for 20 minutes. Take the time to relax.
- Rinse off with a warm washcloth and pat face dry.
Strawberries and Honey Hair Mask
1 tablespoon olive oil
Small handful of fresh strawberries
1 tablespoon honey
- Use a blender to blend the ingredients together, forming a fine puree.
- Apply evenly throughout damp hair and leave on for 5 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water to reveal shiny hair!
2 cups freshly boiled water
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon turmeric
2 teaspoons minced ginger
- Boil water and pour two cups into a mug of your choice.
- Add fresh squeezed juice from 1 lemon and stir.
- Continue by adding the honey, minced ginger, and turmeric, stirring after each ingredient.
Leave a comment
Also in Blog
Whether you are working 9 to 5 in a cubicle surrounded by co workers or working alone at home everyone struggles with focusing and maintaining energy throughout their work day. Expand your horizons beyond your mid day caffeine fix and try these tips for increasing productivity and energy! Read More
Fall has officially begun, which means Halloween candy in the stores and sweaters back in your wardrobe rotation. Whether the temperature is dropping or not, the fall spirit is in the (not so crisp) air. The changing of season gives us the welcomed excuse to buy anything at the grocery store with the word pumpkin on it. So what better way to greet the new season than baking a treat only welcomed once a year?
If you’re like me, coffee is made twice and heaps of grounds are thrown into the trash, but could those grounds be the answer to your most common beauty needs? Below are three natural beauty remedies that will give you as much life as your morning coffee.